Paul Gallen has a clear message for No Limits CEO George Rose: Let him know the format for his fight night on Sunday, or he’s out.
Gallen (12-2, 7KO) will face both Justin Hodges (5-1, 2KO) and Ben Hannant (0-1) in the same night on September 15 at Brisbane’s Nissan Arena, although it is yet to be decided whether Gallen will have back-to-back fights or a long layoff in between. Do it.
Watch boxing live and on demand on Kayo. Featured international battles, classic rivalries and more. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >
But with the event officially two weeks away, the legend of the Cronulla Sharks has become frustrated and officially at boiling point.
“I’m over it now,” Galen said. foxsports.com.au.
“This is ridiculous. Let me know what’s going on. I need to find out what’s going on this weekend. We’ve been here for two weeks.
“Let me know what’s going on or I’m out of the competition.”
“This has not been done in Australia for over 100 years. It’s not really something. The fair thing is to report what is happening.”
Galen made the choice of how the night would play out in the build-up.
He doesn’t care who goes first, but he wants Hodges or Hannant to go back no matter what.
Nikita locked in a 20-Aussie fight card with her rival in a war of words and ‘put them to bed’.
He’s a ‘cat on his ninth life’, but the Australian-based boxing star isn’t letting a ‘do-or-die’ title fight be the last step.
A bitter Aussie boxing feud is set to be resolved as the Championship’s bid to delay the title was rejected.
Although he wasn’t happy about fighting someone and having at least an hour’s rest, he would be fine as long as he knew before the clock struck midnight on Sunday.
A slight complication to the case is that No Limit Power Brokers overseas UFC star Ty Tuivasa could get a title shot against reigning champion Francis Ngannou in his heavyweight bout against Cyrille Gunn.
The answer to Galen’s question may not come until after the fight.
By then it may be too late and Australian boxing fans will not only miss out on a historic fight, but also miss out on the highly anticipated fight between Harry Garside and Miles Zalewski.
Not informing him of the plans against Hodges and Hannant, Gallen believed there was no limit, as the 41-year-old made a stunning allegation in the promotion.
“It’s disappointing,” Galen said.
“I feel like they’re looking for the next person to take them to the next level. I helped them get started, thankfully they were very vocal when they told me that last week and thanked me for that, which I appreciated.
But all good things come to an end, and I’m retiring at the end of the year so they have to find the next crossover star.
“By me losing this fight, it allows the next guy to jump in line and take that mantle. I think they really want me to lose.”