Football and Sports News

Transfer news, rumours, Cameron Munster future, contract, teams interested, Bulldogs, Kyle Flanagan, Titans

Bulldogs general manager of football Phil Gould has revealed that the club will be concerned about the future of Kyle Flanagan after returning at halfback and fullback.

Canterbury-Bankstown have been linked with Dragons half-back Ben Hunt this week, with fresh reports emerging that the club is a contender for Cameron Munster.

Fox League’s James Hooper reported earlier in the week that the Bulldogs are keeping a close eye on the hunting situation and are “ready to make a play if the opportunity arises.”

Stream every game of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership season live and without ad-break when you play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >

Listen to the full Jackson Hastings interview on the Fox League podcast

Pure Bomb Bamboo League World | 01:03

This was confirmed by Gould on Sunday, he said. Sydney Morning HeraldHe met with Hunt and his manager earlier in the week.

“He’s a wonderful person, but we never talked about an offer or money,” Gold said.

“It was a conversation to get to know him. I just said if it doesn’t work out, we want to talk to him.”

Flanagan’s future at the club is up for grabs. Herald While the Bulldogs may not be able to fire the young player, they will simply look to bring in someone to take his place.

“We’re after halfback and fullback,” Gold added.

Ben Hunt is the obvious choice and has many of the qualities the club are looking for.

What about the Munster game?

Well, from a report HeraldOn Sunday, a third party approached the Storm star on behalf of the Bulldogs to see if a move to Belmore would be of interest.

There will be plenty of competition for Munster’s signature, with the Titans, Dolphins and Tigers all showing interest, along with the five-eighth Melbourne club.

Storm’s Cameron Munster heats up. (Photo by Quinn Rooney/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

Roosters sign a Southern flyer

The Auratos have fallen on the Rabbitohs’ wing ahead of the two sides’ grudge match next week.

Daily Telegraph The Roosters have signed Jackson Paulo to a two-year minimum wage contract through next season, the Roosters reported Friday afternoon.

The report adds that it could work into the roster’s plans to move Joseph Sualei to the ball next year, although it’s unclear how that will work given the current form of Luke Carey and Sam Walker.

James Tedesco is also likely to switch from fullback, but Kyrie told the Fox League Podcast that Suali is set to move to the centers at some point in his development.

However, Paulo will provide much-needed depth with Kevin Naikma leaving the Roosters for the Super League at the end of the year.

Jackson Paulo went to the Roosters. Image: NRL PhotosSource: Submitted

The Knights on the ‘try-scoring machine’

It’s been a year to forget the Newcastle Knights but in positive news, the former NRL flyer is said to be on his way to the Hunter in 2023.

The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio explains. SEN radio That Bevan French is expected to sign a two-year deal with the Cavaliers.

The Frenchman provides Newcastle with a much-needed back-up option at fullback, with Tex Hoy’s promotion to the Super League next year.

The 26-year-old will be pushing for a first-class spot on the wing and will hope to continue his electrifying streak with a record-breaking seven tries in the Super League earlier this year.

“Football fans know Bevan has spent his NRL career so far with Parramatta to Wigan in the Super League,” Riccio said.

“Just a try-scoring machine. He’s an exciting player and a good choice for the Knights.”

Bevan French of Wigan Warriors is about to score. (Photo by Owen Humphreys/PA Images via Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

The Sharks move in a ‘key’ bid to extend the back five

Elsewhere, speaking of trial wingers, the Cronulla Sharks have reportedly made a move to extend one of their impressive outside backs.

All five of Cronulla’s first-choice five – Will Kennedy, Ronaldo Mulitalo, Jesse Ramin, Siosifa Talakai and Sione Katoa – are out of contract at the end of 2023.

Mulitalo looks set to secure another couple of years in the Shire.

“I believe this is a key signing for the Sharks,” Riccio said SEN radio.

He has kept his future with the Sharks until 2025. That’s an important signing and it starts that process for the Sharks to retain all of their back five players.

The Sharks have moved to extend Ronaldo Mulitalo. (Photo by Matt King/Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

Related Articles